jueves, noviembre 27, 2003

Mis raíces (3 de +-5)

My passionate sense of social justice and social responsibility has always contrasted oddly with my pronounced freedom from the need for direct contact with other human beings and human communities. I gang my own gait and have never belonged to my country, my home, my friends, or even my immediate family, with my whole heart; in the face of all these ties I have never lost an obstinate sense of detachment, of the need for solitude--a feeling which increases with the years. One is sharply conscious, yet without regret, of the limits to the possibility of mutual understanding and sympathy with one's fellow-creatures. Such a person no doubt loses something in the way of geniality and light-heartedness ; on the other hand, he is largely independent of the opinions, habits, and judgments of his fellows and avoids the temptation to take his stand on such insecure foundations.

Einstein se sabía imperfecto. No le importaba, no le molestaba, le gustaba ser egoísta, egocentrista. Un poco más de fuerzas. Si dependes del exterior, no tendrás ninguna certeza, el exterior es azar.